Ears was HpB day K

At 10:55 PM 4/30/01 -0400, you wrote:
>The ear thing is under control, don't need the vet to tell me it is a yeast
>infection. The smell is a dead givaway,.  I have stuff, all is under control.
>   It is looking better already.

Hi Janet and All,

Good to hear that you have the ear issue under control.  Would you share
with us all what you have done to fix the problem?

Janet is right that the smell of the ear is often a dead give away, however
I do want to add that while it's great to treat at home you all know I do
and advocate by example and sharing there are limits.

We each need to set limits based on history and education level.  On
ears:  Spring has it's wonders, and one of these wonders is everything is
in bloom, including tall grasses and foxtails.  Often vet's will
not  prescribe ear treatments with out seeing the dog, though the client
*knows* it's just a yeast infection, this is very frustrating I agree.  But
I also agree that dogs do get thighs in their ears which can present
similar symptoms ie the yeasty smell as the FOB ferments in the ear.

Our Gambler has terrible ear problems through out his life, more often than
not with him the cause was FOB in the ear, which did cause yeast infections
too.  So early on I learned to treat for a few days, and if I did not see
any improvements it would be off to the vet he would go for a look see and
usually a good professional flushing out which usually would reveal some
FOB in the ear as the root of the evil. So please be prudent with home care
but do share what works and what you learn as you go.

I hope everyone is well!

Gina :-)