Flea protection

Hi All,

Spring is springing and soon some of us may be needing flea control.  I
have just become aware of a new product called Cap Star.  I don't know a
lot about it as far as safety but boy do I hear it is effective!  I am not
endorsing the product so to speak but wanting to stimulate conversation and
investigation to find out as much as we can about it and hopefully report
back here...

Here is what I know:  This product is given orally and does a fast kill of
flea's on the body, it does not have a residual affect like Frontline or
Advantage.  It does kill though unlike Program which renders the flea's
sterile.  It's very cost effective, as in the vet I talked to about it told
me their cost was about a dollar a pill.  It can only be bought through a
vet and there are only two sizes made:  One for under 25 pounds and one for
over.

Here is how I see it could be used:  More in conjunction with other
products but say you are going to take your dog to someplace that is
infested upon arrival or just prior to departure from the area give your
dog the pill.  I have been told fleas just start dropping off  dead with in
30 minutes of  ingestion.  Or provided  that this is a safe product it
could be given weekly or twice weekly to control minor infestations in
hopes that this type of a regime with some other form of intervention could
eradicate a mild infestation.

Of course I don't think most of you have huge flea problems but on the off
chance you end up with an issue this might be a good thing to look into.

As a reminder I do require flea protection to be applied to dogs coming to
stay here.  I have way to many dogs to not require that you each be
responsible for not brining me flea's.  I as well reciprocate by  being
diligent with my own dogs and doing inspections and treating when
necessary.  I do not necessarily endorse the steady use of any flea product
year round ever unless a dog has a flea allergy, but in the spring and
summer we all need to be aware and treat when necessary.

So with this said, I look forward to hearing what each of you finds out
about Cap Star!

Gina