Re: I have to share this

At 11:57 PM 4/18/01 -0400, you wrote:
What a wonderful picture.

Gina - you have to know how wonderful this whole litter has been.  People
can't believe how good natured Abbey is - everyone wants to know where she
came from.  We'll start sending on the referrals!

We sure do love our pup!!!

Joyce--

Thank you Joyce and Everyone,

Ditto turned head this evening at her first conformation class.  She walked through the door like she owned the place and suddenly I felt the room just stop, I looked up to see all eyes on Ditto.  I can not tell you the joy and pride that I felt.

It's one thing when you buy a nice puppy form a breeder, like Twister from Judy and Ember from IIene, but when you have worked as long and as hard as I have and to have tried so hard to keep it all in perspective putting health and temperament above all else and not compromising where you know others in your breed have, and it takes you 15+ years to "get there",,, when you get there it's a real thrill!!!  Judy and IIene can appreciate the sentiment here a bit more than some of you, but I am sure you all can feel my affection here and my pride. If not read on even if you do read on! <smile>

 The past 5 litters I have produced have been outstanding, not that other Brier litters have not produced some nice dogs but when I look at the puppies from the Beverage litter [ TJ] who is out of Meg and Triple almost 2 now, and I see this boy who is so correct in his conformation it just thrills me to no end not to mention his health and temperament.  The Love Song litter:  SeaJay,  Scarlette and Harley, a Sunshine dog, need I say anymore there?  The Moon litter  [Scarlette and Triple] again some very outstanding puppies not only are they full of it <grin> but Rocket and TRiX both in show homes and receiving some really nice compliments from top breeders and Rockets UKC points!!!  Recently IIene had Patti Branch a well known breeder in the mid west go over Rocket and while she agrees Rocket has not come into himself yet she sees great potential, as do Judy see this in TRiX.  For Ditto to turn heads as she is just about all I can take! <grin>  Please remember the "One" litter is 100% Brier through and thorough, they represent 3 generations of my breeding through Sprite, Kaycee their great grandmother is not of my breeding she is Sprite's mother but I bought her.  SeaJay is out of Scarlette who I bought but he is of my making and boy do I love this boy!  Boy do I miss him too.  Not to slight the two Sprite Triple boy's, the Sport's litter, Bogey and Diablo they are both very nice I am sure, but I have not seen either boy since they left here...  I do know that both Lori and Patti are extreamly pleased with their boys and that they to get rave comments on the temperament, Goldie too who is SeaJay's sister... :-)

Anyway, I am glad that everyone is so happy with their Brier dogs and thank you for indulging me my few minutes of pride and vanity, of being able to take for granted the temperaments and all else and beam a bit over conformation. :-)   Truly I do feel that health and temperament are the foundation but conformation also is important.  I don't care to be so "popular" in the show world but when I do a breeding I always hope to find a show potential or two, but still, the essence of doing it right and combining the total package is what it truly is all about.  I promise you all I will never loose sight of that.

Thanks,

Gina