Re: More Good news about Rocket

Patty,
 Keep in mind that there is breeders on this list. Because we have Brier
pups also, or because we were invited by Gina. I share Rockets clearance
info, so the the Moon folks can know that he is doing what I expected he
would do, be free of genetic problems.
 As breeder's we are required to check our breeding stock. Let's say, he
didn't clear. As a breeder, I would find him a new home. A pet home
where he would live his life in the lap of luxury. This, is better for
him, and although this sounds bad to the pet people on this list, make
room for another. It is  hard to do. But, we are committed to better
breeding, and only the "clear" ones get bred. I want to know early on,
if these pups can clear. That way, if they don't, they get a new home
young, and if they do, well, they become a "career dog" and start
showing and working.
 Certainly, a pet dog showing problems of some kind should be checked.
And Gina will be sure to post if she wants people to check. Usually, the
vets "my" puppy folks go to, will not check if there is no problem. For
this then, you need to find the "breeders" vets, and ask to have it
done. It is not cheap. We breeders usually go to clinics, set up by
breed clubs. At these, the Dr. spends the day checking breeders dogs, at
a reduced price. Hips though, are a different matter. They should be
checked ONLY by a vet who specializes in this. This will cost about
$150.00 to do. Eye exams are around $50.00 and heart exams vary, but I
expect between $50.00 and $75.00. So, if you can afford it, and you are
curious, it certainly can be done, but not cheaply. This is why most pet
owners do not just go and have these done. As breeders, we have to.

                                     Ilene