Happy Birthday

Good Morning All,

One year ago today in a couple of hours the moon babies started to come
into the world.  Happy Birthday one and All.  Scarlette send her love and
TRiX wants to know when do we have cake and ice cream?  She says Breakfast
time would be good...

Here is a ditty about TRiX first year:  TRiX started out to be the most
obnoxious puppy in the entire litter, she climbed trees, strutted around
the other puppies like she was the big dog.  Today she knows her place in
the pack and is respectful of the older dogs.  TRiX has missed out on going
to formal obedience school so far, we had a couple in front of her and when
thing looked clear like she could go we didn't sign her up as we were sure
she would be coming into heat.  Well we are still waiting on this to
happen.  So her formal training has been zilch but she has had a few
lessons and is a good girl minus jumping up and counter surfing and,,, wall
chewing occasionally.  She is a very social dog very much enjoys other dogs
and people.  She is out going yet submissive.  She enjoys being outside
loves to run the property, comes back when she is called knows her
boundaries.  Is an intense ball player and can out run Haus.  She really
enjoys the beach and last summer she got to do that a lot, and she tells me
this is what she wants to do all of this summer too.  She also is a very
good bed dog, figures, just what we needed another bed dog... :-)

TRiX  has made one trip to Canada last October and was shown twice with no
great result other than to say she enjoyed it.  In this venue she is slow
maturing and won't be shown for probably about another year with any
seriousness.  She does go to training classes weekly and we are seeing her
conformation coming around.  She is not a big girl weighing in at 53 pounds
she is moderate in every respect:  Coat, bone over all substance. I am sure
that BARF feeding her 98% of her life has a lot to do with her slower growth.

  We will be taking her in to have her prelim hips and elbows done with in
the next few weeks.  On that note any of you that might be interested in
doing hips and elbows I would suggest you contact me for a vet referral in
all honesty most vet's do not do a good job at getting the positioning
right and this is critical for the best evaluation.  Many vets feel that
dogs have to be put under to be x-rayed, I do not agree nor do many vets
the vet's that do the majority of the x-rays on show dogs have the skills
to be able to accomplish this with out putting them under.  I have seen
many x-rays on dogs that were sedated that are poorly positioned, more than
dogs who were not for what that is worth.  I also don't think any of you
need to be concerned about doing x-rays since no one has reported any
lameness but if your incline to want to do this I am certainly available to
discuss it, on or off list.

Well here is to everyone having a GREAT birthday!  The weather is not so
nice here and we are going to be busy getting George off to Hawaii {poor
old George} NOT!

Gina :-)