Re: let's all post

Hi all,

Well, I'm a little late on responding to this post & probably pretty sure we
may be the only folks from Arizona on this list!  ;-)))  BUT... we would like
to extend an open invitation to anyone that is ever planning to visit AZ --
to please come and see us and our 4 golden kidz!  We have 2 guest bedrooms &
a pool for the doggies (and humans) to swim in!  Our friends here call our
house "The Golden Museum"... and that is because we probably have every piece
of golden retriever art known to man-kind... rugs, blankets, paintings,
decorator plates, figurines, etc...  You name it, we probably have it!  So I
guess that shows that we are just a tad-bit obsessed!  <g>

By way of a much belated introduction... I first met Gina nearly 4 years ago
when I was searching for my golden babies.  She was doing the breeder
referral for PRGRC of Oregon at the time.  I'd just lost the 2nd of my two
litter mate (mixed breed) dogs that I'd rescued 13 1/2 years earlier.  Having
goldens was a 20 year dream of mine.  Gina is (as she previously stated last
week) -- the "breeder of record ... or co-breeder" on the AKC registration
for both my Jake & Chelsea.  She is also their adopted grandmother & has seen
me through a lot the past several years!  Without her, I would never have
found my golden angels... and I probably never would've met my fiance Rick
either (long story & yes, Gina -- I guess you can take credit for that too!)
LOL!

Rick was running Golden Retriever Rescue of Arizona as a private rescue for 3
years prior to us meeting.  We met through an internet e-mail group for
goldens (G@H) & started a friendship.  He also rescued 3 goldens from a
highly *questionable breeder* in Oregon with my assistance.  One of those
rescued is now our Austin.  And our oldest boy, Michelob -- is also a rescue
that Rick adopted when he was 18 months old.  We did the long distance
commute thing between my home in Tigard and Rick's home in Phoenix for 2 1/2
years.  We recently sold both homes & bought our "Golden Museum" here in Cave
Creek (a suburb of Phoenix).

We are very actively involved with golden rescue here (RAGofAZ) -- we do home
visits, we do intakes, we do adoption transportation and we also are the
fundraising coordinators.  We also do pet therapy with Chelsea & Michelob.
And now that we are more "settled" -- we would like to get back into
obedience, tracking & agility with a couple of the dogs.

And someday, I would LOVE to have a SeaJay puppy of my own!  I love hearing
all the stories about your new pups & the older pups (what a GReat forum for
everyone having a Brier pup to be able to keep in touch & share stories!)

Golden Best,
Yanna, Rick & The Golden Menagerie
Michelob:  "Sir Michelob Light the IV", CGC, TDI (born 9/18/93)
Austin:  "Sir Austin of Essex"  (born 8/29/97)
Chelsea:  "TK Born to Break Hearts", CGC, TDI (born 6/7/97)
Jacob-Riley:  "Chantelle's Early Star Chaser", CGC (born 5/25/97)

In a message dated 3/13/2001 9:22:03 AM US Mountain Standard Time,