More on Jo...

Thought you would all enjoy this one too! :-)  I hope I am not boring all
of you?

Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 16:12:29 EST
Subject: Calypso Jo -- 10-16-90 to 3-3-01
Most of you remember Jo from all his wonderful accomplishments as a show dog.
I remember Jo as an extremely enthusiastic guy who wanted nothing more than
to retrieve birds. When Jo was almost 9 years old I had the privilege of
training him in the field. What fun we had; he was such a willing student.
In the beginning Jo's major problem was holding still long enough for the
birds to go down but he soon figured it out and it was smooth sailing from
then on. Water was never a problem, Jo LOVED to swim. It didn't matter how
far, he just kept going and going. I'll never forget when Jo earned his WC.
He hammered every mark with the enthusiasm of a two year old. Jo and I did
nothing but smile the whole day.
My only regret is that I didn't have the opportunity to work with Jo as a
youngster. He had drive, enthusiasm, and birdies, but most of all Jo had the
heart of a great gun dog.
Sue Armstrong