Re: Vet visit & stuff

At 11:02 PM 2/23/01 -0500, you wrote:
>I just reread what I wrote about the Coccidia and I need to clear something
>up.  I hadn't checked in with the vet yet and I really wasn't aware of the
>signs of how ill he was.  We were given the puppy, he was on the proper meds
>and we weren't aware that this could be a recurring problem.  I missed the
>signs and he got worse.  I just want you all to know that Judy was extremely
>helpful and supportive during this time and by absolutely  no means is there
>any blame here except our ignorance.  I have (had) a pretty good parasit
>background from college and I should know that proper protocols don't always
>work.  I shared the experience because like I said as frantic as I was we got
>him the proper care and he was the real Kryten in no time.  And I just want
>to end this rambling by saying Thanks, Judy, we wouldn't trade this whacky
>guy for anything.  It is amazing how much we have learned in the 8 short
>months we've had him.  He is a happy , healthy dog with way too much
>personality and he is so smart it's scarry......

Hi Janet and All,

Thanks for the note back on clarification.  Just so everyone knows, this
evening the remaining 8 puppies managed to wolf down about 4 pounds of
food!  Sounded like a pig trough in there.  Now everyone is rip snorting
around and being very cute.  Not indicative of ill puppies at all.

  I want everyone to know what Janet went through can be the case with
coccidia and giardia, as well as other issues such as virus or bacterial
infections, it's a rare occasion that puppies are as sick as Kryten
was.  Puppies immune systems are not 100% which is why we have to exercise
caution with exposure to unknown's, as well,,, some things are air borne
and some are just in the soil.

   I assure you these guys are anything but listless...  I don't hold a
concern that any of these guys will ever get that sick as they are eating
and drinking and their poops are solid.  To get dehydration in a puppy you
really must ave vomiting and or severe diarrhea, we do not have that.  The
worst of it so far as been 24 hours of no I don't like this food, and we
are over that hump now too...

Night All,

Gina