Re: FFR- Impt READ!

I have to add my whole hearted agreement to Gina's thoughts on this. My first
two who are now 5 and 3 1/2 respectively were kibble babies. How I wish I had
known about RAW earlier, and once I did know I now wish I had taken that leap of
faith far far sooner than I did. This June will make 2 years on RAW foods for
our household.

The most drastic benefit I have seen to date is that the one who had NO coat
(Rosie age 5) has a lush coat, still not what I wanted to see but that's
genetics. What she does have is so much better. She also has a normal thyroid
for the first time ever. Smack dab middle of the scale and I tested her thyroid
every 6 months for 3 1/2 years looking for the answers to foot problems, yeasty
ears that were SO bad one eardrum ruptured, and no coat and a rat tail. Hairless
almost!

Boomer was switched to RAW foods around 11 weeks I think, maybe 10, and I have
seen such a world of difference in how he's grown in comparison to Rosie and
Sophie. (He's 10 months now)

Sometimes I look back, and I think I might have saved Sophie's hips if I had
known about RAW foods in time. Having an OFA report come in as Moderately
Dysplastic in both hips on a 2 year old bitch who WAS to be your foundation
bitch is a horrible horrible sick and disheartening feeling when you least
expect to see those words, and so I was determined to do things differently for
Boomer.

If the new puppy families are even 'toying' with the idea of going in this
direction, please, please, let us help you get started. Gina and I and everyone
on the list here who's feeding RAW foods will pitch in and help. It's not as
intimidating as it sounds and it's not the work load that it sounds like either,
I promise you it's not, and I am the laziest cow on the good lord's earth, so I
know from "work-load" LOL !!

Debs