Re: more pictures & Diet info*Import*

 Gina wrote:
 If a food is not on this list (besides Canine Caviar as it's not for
some
> reason)  I probably would not recommend it, I know these companies to be
> sound and some have been around for a long time.  I don't much care for
> Solid Gold or Innova though, as I know many dogs who have bad stools on
> these two products.  IIene will you please comment here..

Yes!  I did not look at the list, but I agree with you about the Solid
Gold and the Innova. I am not saying that the food is bad, just that as
a breed, Goldens do not do well on those foods. Another problem with
foods, is location. But you all being on the west coast, have more
availability then some of us central and east coasters.
  I recommend a raw diet to my puppy clients also. I feel it is the
best, the way God, or nature intended the dog to eat. I also understand
that some folks just don't want that route, or can't go that route. This
is why Gina has pointed you in the direction of the better kibbles.
Although the food is baked, it still contains the ingredients that are
better for the dogs nutrition. In my part of the country, you can add
Wysong as a good food, but I do not know if they reach as far as the
west coast. My recommendations  first then go to "Wellness" by Old
Mother Hubbard
This is by far the premium of natural kibbles on the market.
You can read about them at http://www.oldmotherhubbard.com
When I got Rocket from Gina, I put him on this kibble and was very
impressed with the slow and natural growth that a puppy should have.

>  On Flint River Ranch:  I think IIene is doing a distributorship on this
> food and she can have the food drop shipped to you if your interested
> contact IIene direct at: mailto:asorosgd@amertech.net  I like the Flint
> River Ranch and at about $45.00 for 40 pounds delivered right to your door
> via UPS in two 20 pound sacks it's a great deal!

I became a dist for this product, because like Gina said, it is a good
food and is delivered right to your door. I use this as, and recommend
it for people that do not have easy access to feed stores, because the
natural kibbles that we recommend are not found at the pet food stores.
Those are all mass marketed foods, and lack the nutritional quality of
these others.  Some people prefer the convenience of your food just
being shipped at a certain time each month, and no worrying or shopping
for it. If you are interested in Flint River Ranch, you can e-mail me
 mailto:asorosgd@ameritech.net  and I can get you an order form or help
you place an order. This food, btw, is really great tasting, and puppies
love it.

  I found that a raw fed puppy might not take to kibble as a kibble
weaned puppy will take to different kibble. You will have to maybe play
chef, and add some of the things Gina has given them in their diet. Like
mixing the kibbles with a bit of yogurt, or I scramble up an egg, or fry
(or not if they like it raw) up some turkey to mix with the kibble. And
don't be afraid to give them some raw treats. Rocket just enjoyed three
pounds of raw chicken the other night, when he ate my chicken that I was
cutting up for dinner! This tells me he loved his raw beginnings! He is
my "kitchen" potato, always there waiting for a raw handout. Three
pounds is a tad much, not to mention the fact that we had to eat
"vegetable" stir fry.
 To satisfy his raw cravings, I get him soup bones from the butcher.
Give him apples or carrots as treats instead of Milkbones, and add some
raw hamburger to his diet once weekly as a treat. Another night he may
get some Mackeral with his dinner, as a treat. He loves when I make
salad, because he gets all the leaves that I tear off and don't use. How
he can smell lettuce from where ever he is at the time, I will never
know, but he loves it!
--
Ilene Cook
asorosgd@ameritech.net