more pictures & Diet info*Import*

The puppies made yet another move this morning, to the porch for a new and
diffrent environment for a few hours.

Go see: http://www.briergoldens.com/gs2001.htm

Also today everyone started eating food in their own food bowl.  One by one
each puppy had breakfast alone away from the litter.  This is to combat
food aggression I have found whole food feeding creates.

I have not introduced dog food yet as these guys are thriving on whole
foods and their stools are great!  I guess what I will do is to feed a few
kibble meals toward the end of their time here to help with transition to
new diets, for those who are not going to stay raw.

What I would suggest each of you do that are not going to keep up with the
raw diet is to:

Make up and freeze some meals to use to switch over your puppy.  You don't
want to mix raw meat with kibble so lightly cooking this prep would be
advised, and feeding this with the kibble for about the first 5 to 7 days.

Recipe:

4 large carrots raw

1/2 cup plain low fat yogurt

1 pound cooked ground turkey

In a food processor or blender: process 4 large cut up with peels on,
carrots with 1/2 cup plain low fat (do not use non fat) yogurt.

Microwave or boil/drain 1 pound of ground turkey meat.

Mix the carrot mix and turkey meat together.  Make small meat balls about
1/8th of a pound each and freeze them.  You can soak in hot water to
defrost at feeding time don't microwave this as that kills the yogurt which
is there for good bacteria for the tummy.  Mix this with about 1/2 cup of
kibble for twice a day feeding.  1/2 cup two time per day with warm water.

On feeding I feed twice a day and recommend you do the same.  It's really
better for puppies to be hungry than to have food at their disposal at all
times.  If you feel you need to do a mid day meal do something like a
cookie or better yet, sliced fruit and or carrots with a bit of
yogurt.  Please understand that you don't want protein spikes with puppies
and that nutrition is important, low nutrition, meaning not high quality
puppy formula diets.  As I have said before, when I feed kibble I feed a
good premium adult formula. I recommend Canine Caviar to those who are able
to get it.  Other good products can be found at:

  http://www.altvetmed.com/premfood.html

If a food is not on this list (besides Canine Caviar as it's not for some
reason)  I probably would not recommend it, I know these companies to be
sound and some have been around for a long time.  I don't much care for
Solid Gold or Innova though, as I know many dogs who have bad stools on
these two products.  IIene will you please comment here..

On Flint River Ranch:  I think IIene is doing a distributorship on this
food and she can have the food drop shipped to you if your interested
contact IIene direct at: mailto:asorosgd@amertech.net  I like the Flint
River Ranch and at about $45.00 for 40 pounds delivered right to your door
via UPS in two 20 pound sacks it's a great deal!   When I fed this product
I bought it from a distributor in Atlanta Georgia.

So with this said, I hope your all getting excited!!!

Gina:-)