Goldens and Kitties

Title: Goldens and Kitties
We started out with 3 elderly kitties when the first golden came (that was Rosie) and Rosie loved her kitties but they wanted little to do with her other than the youngest of the 'elderlies' and he was 8 at the time. They all pretty much ignored each other. Then Sophie came along and the 8 year old kittie adopted her and he became Sophie's kittie.

One by one the other kitties passed away and now only Kamikaze is left and he's pushing 13 years of age. When we brought Boomer here he was SO OUTRAGED and disgusted he even beat his Sophie up without mercy, refused to speak to me (in fact he began to bite me from behind on the calves) and refused to acknowledge Boomer whatsoever other than a very pronounced sneer and a hiss.

We could just hear him insisting that he wasn't raising another duffus yellow dog! Well, Boomer is one of those magical puppies that nobody can ignore, lol, and now old Kamikaze holds him down by the ears (yes, claws firmly latched into earlobes) and grooms his face from one end to the other. Either Boomer is afraid to move and risk his ears or he likes it enough to hold still, lol. So, I do think that over time it all works out. Boomer chases the kittie down and holds him to the ground with a paw, the kittie retaliates and chases Boomer and holds him down by the ears, and other than the occasional human casualty who doesn't move out of the way fast enough peace has begun to reign once more.

Debs