A passing at Brier

This morning we lost Brandy, our dear sweet Cocker Spaniel.  She was our
first "off breed", non golden rescue in 1994...  Both George and I have
nothing but fond memories of Brandy and how much joy she brought into our
lives and how we enriched her life...

Brandy came to be part of the Brier gang when she came in for grooming one
day.  She was a mess a solid matt.  I spent 9 hours de matting her and
getting her to look like a Cocker, well sort of...  I was a new groomer at
the time so I took the time to de matt her as apposed to just trimming her
close as I probably would have done now.

   The people that had been caring for Brandy, she was not their dog
either, could only provide and outdoor run for her and when I took her home
(they were away for the evening), I could not put her in that dog run.  I
left her in the car, came home worked up the best set of tears I could for
Georges benefit, and had him get in the car and go over to her old house
with me and asked him to put her in the run.  Knowing he would not be able
to do so either.  While he was  trying to think of reasons why he should, I
wrote a note and slipped it in the door that Brandy was with us and to call
when they returned.  The rest of that story is history...

Brandy will be missed, but to know we did what was best for her is more
important than clinging onto her selfishly.  As many of you know Brandy was
totally blind had been for several years now she also had a bad back, IBD
(intestinal problems), was dysplastic in her hips and most recently she had
started to have seizures as well as she was very disorientated a lot of the
time.

She enjoyed many days on the farm before she lost her sight she roamed the
farm often all day long never leaving the berry patch.  She was quite the
huntress and managed to often get herself all full of burs...  Never did
Brandy object to grooming, Cockers can be quite nasty.  Brandy never
snapped at anyone until she lost her sight and she didn't like the other
dogs in her face.  Before she lost her sight she use to go for rides on
Rocky's tail, they were the best of friends.  So now we send Brandy to be
with Rocky...

Gina & George