Re: JUDY!!! ???

Welcome Tonkinson Family:

We are the Jacksons yes, we survived the first few weeks with a very bossy
and food oriented dog.  We have a six year old Austin and 3 year old Krista.
It was very hard the first few weeks because I was way to uptite!!  Krista
was to rough and Hunter thought he was everyones boss.  He growled at us
when he ate and stole constantly from the kids.  It was rough but with
Gina's constant help, we trained him to be very good with food.  He won't
eat from his bowl till he is told, he doesn't steal from the kids unless it
is dropped on the floor (fair game). and he is very good about not jumping
on the kids.  We accomplished all of this by feeding the kids first, never
let the kids feed them off their plate, make them sit for their food from
day one.  Even if you have to sit on them.  Stick your hands in their food,
have everyone do it, scruff shake if they growl and take the food away.
That one worked Very well.  They really do try to become head of the pack.
Don't let them do something now if you don't want them to do it later.  Our
big mistake was letting him jump up on us till he was so big be knocks us
down.  He is learning after being kneed in the chest about 10,000 times.
Potty was not a big deal, he did not potty that much in the house because he
was restricted to only the areas of the house we were in.  If they start
looking at their butt that is a sure sign that something is about to
happen!!  Basically they are alot like kids, if they are quiet something is
wrong, destructive they are bored, hyper they are in need of some fresh air
and a good ball toss and blue they just need a good loving and some one on
one time. I was suprised at how much they sleep in the first few weeks.

All in all, he is the best dog in the world!!!  I know Gina thinks I am hiny
kissing, but really beleive that she produces a superior dog!!  They are not
your average dog!!  She does not charge enough for them!!!!  They are smart
beyond beleif and are the most striking looking dogs.  Hunter has this head
very similar to SeeJay, even though they are half brothers.  SeeJay is one
cool looking dog and I want one of his babies in the future.  Maybe
SeeJay/Ember litter??  Is that going to be a match Gina??  We love this dog,
he gets more rights around this house than any other dog we have had in the
past.  He is truly one of our children and  would not trade him for the
world!!!

Look forward to hearing about the good times and bad with your Max.
Carol