Re: [Testbed-admins] Emulab Rebuild Problems

Yes -- that is exactly the test I've been running -- switchmac from a boss shell (from the boss console, in fact, su'd to user 'elabman') after the newnode MFS has booted and is sitting at a login prompt.

The MAC address does show up in the switchmac output, is on the correct switch and port, and shows the "ctrl" tag at the end. This is the only instance of that MAC address in the switchmac output (unlike before, when "leakage" was causing 2 occurrences of that MAC). And yet the control port address isn't identified via the web page at all. Does switchmac have any debug/diagnostic options? I was planning on diving into the switchmac script tomorrow (Wednesday)...

Leigh Stoller wrote:
on the correct ports of the experimental switch, but the control
interface for the new node comes up blank (that is, the mac address is
found but no corresponding switch/port is set). I still don't understand
why switchmac can't identify this ethernet interface as the control
interface and assign the correct port on my control switch. I presume I
could do this manually, but I wonder what the problem is.

I feel like I'm getting really close, but I'm not there yet!

Hmm, when you have a node sitting in the newnode MFS, and the web
interface is reporting the experimental interfaces okay, you should be
able to run switchmac directly from a shell on boss.

boss> wap /usr/testbed/libexec/switchmac

Does this output list the interface with a 'ctrl' tag on the end?
Or does the interface say 'expt' (use the MAC address).

Lbs