Re: [Testbed-admins] unexpected behaviour installing from emulab-stable

On Fri, 14 May, 2010 at 07:03:08 -0700, Leigh Stoller wrote:

> I didn't mean to make it sound so ominous! I think that you should
> proceed since its very likely that the problems will be minor.

Just to report back on what happened here:

I customized my MFSes, and then went to add a first node.  I clicked
through to "Create a PC type" [1], and then got the error:

  You must add images from Utah into your database before adding
  a nodetype. See installation documentation for details!

I believe that i've seen this error before, and that, when i
encountered it on an emulab-080901.tar.gz emulab, it meant that i
had forgotten to run `load-descriptors`.  So i interpret its
appearance here to mean that my replacement `load-descriptors`
invocation didn't do the right thing.

I am going to bail into the recommended path by rebuilding ---
getting back to the current point is a fairly cookie-cutter operation,
and then i'll know what i've got.  But i wanted to report what i
saw in case it's of any interest or there's a simple answer to what
i forgot to do.

Thanks.

Chaos Golubitsky

[1] https://www.pgeni.gpolab.bbn.com/editnodetype.php3?new_type=1&node_class=pc