Re: [Testbed-admins] unexpected behaviour installing from emulab-stable

Thanks very much.  I think i succeeded with more-or-less what you
said (which syntactically turned into):

> cd /usr/testbed/obj/testbed/install
> /usr/testbed/sbin/withadminprivs perl ./load-descriptors /usr/testbed/src/testbed/install/descriptors-mfs.xml
OSID OPSNODE-BSD/10000 has been created
OSID FRISBEE-MFS/10001 has been created
OSID FREEBSD-MFS/10002 has been created
OSID NEWNODE-MFS/10003 has been created

I haven't tested whether that did the right thing, but the output
seems promising.

On Fri, 14 May, 2010 at 06:12:42 -0700, Leigh Stoller wrote:

> > Hi. In general, we recommend that people install 5.0 release and then
> > update it once you have it running. That is because the initial
> > install process is not fully tested, except at the release points.

Makes sense.  When you first said this, i was confused about what
constitutes the 5.0 release, but it looks like it's the same as
the emulab-080901.tar.gz tarball.

> > and then later you want to use descriptors-v2.xml for the rest of the
> > descriptors. You will be the fist person in the real world to try this
> > out, so you might end up helping us debug things ... :-)

Hmm.  I'd like to help debug, but am nervous, ignorant, and trying
to stand up some emulabs fairly fast.  So, having tried the above,
i'm now going to nuke my site from orbit and go back and do this
the right way.

Thanks.

Chaos Golubitsky, GPO/BBN