Re: [Testbed-admins] how to start an experiment without going through web interface

Thanks, Robert for your kind response :)

So, I tried to run experiment through XML-RPC according to the instruction on the web page.
While I ran an experiment successfully on Utah Emulab, however, I got error below on our own Emulab.

Could you please give any idea about what happened here?
I couldn't figure out what messed up in our testbed.
Is there any version issue for using XML-RPC interface?

Thank you in advance!!

script_wrapper.py startexp -g virtmeshtest -p virtmeshtest -e myexp test.ns

can't read "expdir": no such variable

    while executing

"file isdirectory $expdir"

    (procedure "ns" line 133)

    (Simulator run line 133)

    invoked from within

"$ns run"

    (file "23024.ns" line 269)

    invoked from within

"real_source ${GLOBALS::nsfile}"

    invoked from within

"if { ${GLOBALS::errors} != 1 } {

    file copy -force ${GLOBALS::tbcompat} .

    real_source ${GLOBALS::nsfile}

    if {${GLOBALS::ran} == 0} {

perr..."

    (file "/usr/testbed/lib/ns2ir/parse.tcl" line 616)

*** ERROR: parse-ns: Parsing failed (error code 1)!

*** ERROR: batchexp: NS Parse failed!

Cleaning up and exiting with status 1 ...

Removing experiment directories ...