Re: [Testbed-admins] Nodes does not boot after hitting 'Create'

I have a very simple network with ops, boss and experimental nodes
sitting in the same local area network with no control switch (I am
still waiting my Cisco switch to arrive :)).

Okay, this is fine as long as no one else on this network is running
DHCPD and handing out IP addresses. This will confuse boss immensely.

And yes, when watching my pc from where I make the 'Create' I do not
see the experimental node booting. Nothing different happens after I
hit 'Create'.

Rebooting nodes...
Rebooting 10.1.50.5

Heads up to everyone; you should be able to log into nodes running the
newnode mfs, from boss as root:

boss> sudo ssh 10.x.x.x

In fact, this is how boss will initially try to reboot the node when
it is running the newnode mfs. If that fails, it will try to power
cycle it, but I am guessing you do not have power controllers in
place.

So, before you hit "Create Node" try the root login from boss to make
sure that works.

Lbs