Re: [Testbed-admins] Emulab source code moving from CVS to git

The Emulab source transition to git is complete.

This page:
    http://users.emulab.net/trac/emulab/wiki/GitRepository
... explains how to get the source out of git. If you have any questions
about moving to the new repository, testbed-dev@emulab.net is the place
to ask them.

The CVS repository is still live in read-only form so that you can do
'cvs diff' to collect any changes you might have; however, this
repository will no longer be updated.

An important decision that you'll need to make when getting code from
git is that we now have two repositories: emulab-stable, and
emulab-devel . emulab-devel is somewhat like the old CVS repository in
that it is the "bleeding edge", and reflects what is currently running
at Utah. The emulab-stable repository will contain snapshots from the
-devel repository, pushed over periodically after the code has passed
muster by running at Utah for a while without breaking anything. For
most users, we recommend tracking the -stable repo.

Note that the final repository is different from the "transitional"
repository some early adopters were using, and the best thing to do is
to start with a fresh clone of the transitional repository. If you had
any changes in your transitional repository that need to be moved over,
follow the instructions on this page:
    http://users.emulab.net/trac/emulab/wiki/CvsToGit#SwitchingtotheFinalRepository