Re: [Testbed-admins] Methods for managing local changes to Emulab source code

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009, Robert P Ricci wrote:

I know that several of you maintain local changes to your Emulab source
tree, and occasionally sync up to our CVS. For those of you who do, can
you give me a quick summary of how you do it, and how well you think it
works?

I don't do anything fancy. I just make a copy of the testbed source tree, and every now and then do a "cvs update". I, in general, don't worry about maintaining any sort of revision history for my local changes. Although, if I am about to make a major change I make a backup copy of the files I am about to change (or sometimes the entire tree). A branch may make more sense, but they are a pain to deal with.