[Testbed-admins] source code modification for cisco switches

Hello All,
Greetings. I am working on high speed emulab testbed setup at LSU.It will be great if any body kindly shares his/her experience in the following issue:

I was pondering to change some source codes for cisco switches. I found that in the source code module snmpit_cisco.pm and snmpit_cisco_stack.pm it is said that the codes are for Cisco Catalyst 6509 switches. It will be great to know which parts of the codes are specific for 6509 switches. It will help me to formulate module for  general cisco switches.Because ours' is cisco Nexus 5000 series switch.

Thanking you
Azad