Re: [Testbed-admins] Emulab GUI Editor

Jonathan Walsh wrote:
David M. Johnson wrote:
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 04:56:07PM -0800, Timothy Ficarra wrote:
Unfortunately, I never figured out what was causing it. We suffered a hardware failure before I could figure it out, and the new install hasn't presented the same problem.

Jonathan, is your sslxmlrpc server running on boss? Anything in its logfiles (/usr/testbed/log/sslxmlrpc.log and /usr/testbed/log/sslxmlrpc_server.log)? Do
the RPCSERVER and RPCPORT variables at the top of
/usr/testbed/www/xmlrpcpipe.php3 look sane (and can you connect to the
addr/port specified with something like the `nc' util)?

If Timothy's problems aren't occurring, then this seems unlikely to be a
problem with the java applet itself.

We worked out the web gui problem to be a issue with the FreeBSD 7.2 version of Python. (Specifically Dan DaCosta did most of the work to figure this problem out). I'll try to get approval to send you a patch sometime soon. Thanks for the suggestions.

I sslxmlrpc_server.py daemon is still crashing with an EOF error somewhere in SSL. I had to go out of town Friday through today, I'm going to try to figure out what triggers it...

-Jonathan

Interestingly enough the sslxmlrpc_server.py EOF error was resolved in the same way as the GUI error. I can generate a patch file if necessary, but essentially it is a 1 line fix in 2 files. Change "import popen2" to "import subprocess" in emulabclient.py and emulabserver.py.

This is probably the case anywhere that popen2 is used. The default version of Python in FreeBSD7.2 has depreciated popen2 anyway.

-Jonathan