Re: [Testbed-admins] mysql connectivity

Thus spake Mohammed Azad on Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 03:56:57PM -0600:
> I am trying to change some source code for dynamic vlan manipulation. Can
> anybody please tell me which files of the source code access the mysql
> database and which tables of 'tbdb' database are used
> for manipulating vlans?
>
> And also it would be great to understand the data flow among various tables
> for this purpose. Can anyone please explain this?

This is unfortunately not well documented, you'll have to read the code,
which is generally cleanly-written and well-commented. There's a little
bit of information about how some of the main tables relate on Pat
Gunn's wiki:
    http://moo.cmcl.cs.cmu.edu/wiki/index.php/Emulab_design_document_and_manual
... though it does not list all of the ones snmpit uses.

snmpit is designed so that none of the backend vendor modules need to
read the database - most database reading and manipulation happens in
the top-level snmpit program, with a little bit in the stack modules.
So, if you are implemeting a replacement for, say snmpit_cisco.pm or
snmpit_hp.pm, you should not need to worry about the database at all.