Re: [Testbed-admins] Booting error in Customizing the Generic Image

"Real" RAID is good too.  I just assumed you didn't have that.

The gist is that the FreeBSD-based boot programs we use don't know how to
do RAID themselves.  Thus, if you have RAIDed disks, the RAIDing needs to be
transparent to the boot loader; i.e., if the boot loader makes a BIOS read call,
it should be to a logical device and not to one of the underlying components.

You are right, there could be some issue related to the separate RAID
controller BIOS.  When the machine boots via PXE (the network), maybe the
controller BIOS code is not properly loaded or initialized.  Let's see if
the PXE Linux boot works and that might offer further clues.