Re: [Testbed-admins] User account deletion

Thats fine, the only reason i would like a clean up is that we have faculty who add around 20 students per class every semester . Over a couple of years the number of residual account become huge..

cheers,

Hussam
(Hussamuddin Nasir)

Netlab Operations Team
Laboratory for Adv. Networking  Phone  : (859)218-0059
James F Hardymon Building       Fax    : (859)323-3740
301 Rose Street, Rm 202         E-mail : nasir@netlab.uky.edu
Lexington, KY 40506-0495        Web    : http://www.netlab.uky.edu

                       University of Kentucky

Robert P Ricci wrote:
We generally like to leave accounts in the database, because deleting
them messes up old logs and historical information.

Those accounts shouldn't be able to log in or do anything at all.

Thus spake Hussamuddin Nasir on Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 11:24:27AM -0400:
Hi guys,
I have a residual account from a delete. Every time i try to remove an account from our Emulab, it does delete the physical account but somehow gets left over in the web interface/MYSQL table. Is there a step that i need to perform to do a clean user account deletion. We are running the Emulab code from CVS