Re: [Testbed-admins] Can't bring up the first node

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 06:01:31PM -0600, Mike Hibler wrote:
> So I was unable to reproduce this.  But our pe1950 only has 8GB of RAM in it.
> If you are feeling daring, you could try to remove half the memory from your
> machine, and we can see if the problem is related.  I doubt it though.
>
> Tomorrow, I will see if I can temporarily snag another 8GB out of the 2950
> we have.

All the memory slots are full, so I could not add more memory.
If you cannot try with 8GB, then we will move on.  We have to fix the
problem one way or the other since I doubt you would want to remove 8GB
from all your machines just so that our old kernel would boot!

When you tried the new 6.4 kernel, you were using the older ACPI module.
Try extracting both the kernel and acpi.ko from here:

/usr/testbed/www/downloads/tftpboot-kernels-6.4.tar.gz

into your /tftpboot/freebsd.newnode/boot directory.  Make sure the ACPI
module gets loaded when the kernel does.  In the meantime, I am going to
see if a 7.2 kernel will boot with the current MFS.

Ultimately, we will be moving to a Linux-based MFS environment that we are
testing now, so you might get to be the first external test case!