Re: [Testbed-admins] Can't boot after imageunzipping a customized image

Leigh,
    we did that process: loaded pc2 with GENERIC then imaged it to
foo, then loaded pc3 with foo.  pc3 has the same initial boot problems
that pc2 has and the same ones we described before (Fedora panics,
FreeBSD buts ok, but is mapping the wrong drives ad's instead of da's
[bad fstab])

but the point is the booting works fine, so the MBR was copied
correctly.  do you want us to still send the foo.ndz?  for you to look
at?

Any other things we can do to test the MBR and/or get the settings
correct so we don't have to use raw compressions?

Thanks,
--Ben

Ben Burnett
  R&D Software Engineer: wired, wireless, ad hoc, mesh networking,
    network monitoring and data visualization
  ATC (Architecture Technology Corporation)   http://www.atcorp.com/
  bburnett@atcorp.com                         (952) 829-5864 x167
  --------Views expressed are mine and not those of ATC--------
  Personal: