Re: [Testbed-admins] Questions for emulab upgrade

1. We need to make sure one thing, is it only need to run process
   after section 4.104?

Hi. If that is where your existing DB is starting from, then correct.

2. After section 4.104, there are some files need to run
   (step3_newids.pl, step4_newids.pl, step5_newids.pl, resources.pl,
   nodeutil.pl, nsfiles.pl, logfiles,pl, newlans.pl,
   emulab_pubs.sql), which version (current 4.104 or upgrade 5.0) of
   files(perl & sql) should we be using since they are different ?

Use the files from the 5.0 system.

3. We want to upgrade our system without affecting to current user’s
   operation as far as possible, is it possible to build the
   database of the BOSS machine "offline", ie. not connected to any
   other components like switches, ops or hosts ?

Hmm, have you upgraded your ops yet? You need to do that as well.

4. We also found some differences between our 4.104 database and the
   5.0 database that do not seem to be documented. That’s maybe we
   missed it.

These should all get cleared up when you run the steps from
database-migrate and those scripts mentioned above. Let us know if
not.

CREATE TABLE errors (
    session int(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '0'
       session int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0'

Oops, I'll fix this in our source tree. Thanks!

Lbs