Re: [Testbed-admins] HP mib problem?

}  Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 15:19:44 -0500
}  From: Eric Hall <eric.hall@vanderbilt.edu>

}  While setting up a new testbed using a HP 5412ZL switch, I run
}  wap snmpit -v 3 -l and get this:

}  Opening SNMP session to hp54121... at /usr/testbed/lib/snmpit_hp.pm line
}  152.
}  hp54121::readifIndex:
}  error: bulkwalk(): unknown object ID at
}  /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach/SNMP.pm line 701.
}  error: bulkwalk(): unknown object ID at
}  /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach/SNMP.pm line 701.
}  error: bulkwalk(): unknown object ID at
}  /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach/SNMP.pm line 701.

[snip]

}  Are those errors something I should be concerned with, or am I being
}  paranoid?

Well, the first thing that snmpit_hp::readifIndex does is a bulkwalk of
"hpSwitchPortGroup", and if it really can't find that you'll be likely
having serious and mysterious problems (due to not finding other OIDS
also).

I won't be surprised if you used the uc david command line
snmpwalk tool it would also complain.

The HP support uses four HP specific mibs, which I threw together
into one file.  They are copyright HP, but anybody can download them
from the procurve site; nonetheless I'm shy about putting them up
for grabs.

%cd /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs
% egrep BEGIN HP-ICF-OID.txt
HP-ICF-OID DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN
HP-ICF-TC DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN
HP-CONFIG-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN
HP-ICF-BRIDGE DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

The BRIDGE mib file has been updated to include two other relate mibs
which HP support needs.

%egrep BEGIN BRIDGE-MIB.txt
BRIDGE-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN
P-BRIDGE-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN
Q-BRIDGE-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

Eric has an account on DETER, and so I invite him to retrieve the
file from my home directory there.

Keith Sklower