[Testbed-admins] Tipserv configuration problems

 We are in the process of setting up an emulab testbed here at
Vanderbilt.  We are currently having some tipserv issues.  We are
setting this up roughly the way Berkeley's testbed is (or trying to).
We have an FC 10 machine connnected to a digi etherlite with the digi
P revision drivers on it.

We can connect to the console machine.  We can connect to our testbed
machines (the dell servers), but anytime we disconnect, we can't then
reconnect to that machine.  We can't see anything on the HP 5412zl
switch at all, though a direct connection to that switch works.

We are wondering if we maybe just have settings wrong on the servers
that causes the complete shutoff if we ever disconnect.  We are also
wondering if maybe the console port on the HP switch has an unusual
pinout.

If relevant, our servers are set up as (Serial: On w/ console
redirection via COM 1, ext connector: comm 1, failsafe rate 9600,
terminal type vt100/vt220, redirection after boot: enabled).

If anyone has some troubleshooting instructions, I am kind of stuck.
We have not yet installed capture, or console_server.proxy, but our
problem seems more basic than that.

Thank you very much,
-jeff
415.516.4793