Re: [Testbed-admins] update need advice regarding "SNMP SET failed"

Thus spake Cheng Cui on Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 05:08:51PM -0500:
> What I get is:
> %snmpset -m all cisco2 vlan2 portAdminSpeed.1.1 = 100000000
> enterprises.cisco.workgroup.ciscoStackMIB.portGrp.portTable.portEntry.portAd
> minSpeed.1.1 = s100000000(100000000)

Good, this indicates that the speed got changed, which means we can
concentrate on making sure the sires table is set up right.

> We got the data through web interface. I have to admit that boss could
> previously reach experiment switch before we altered the switch's ip address
> by mistaken. At the very first, we see "snmp set" error; then, we mistakenly
> altered the experiment switch's ip and get the "snmp get" error. After Leigh
> and others point out our mistaken, I changed the experiment switch's ip in
> all the same subnet "192.168.0.x" for simplicity and get this "snmp set"
> error again. Honestly speaking, it was our mistaken to assume the snmp mib
> problem in a loop situation. I apologize for that. Now, it looks the wires
> table is the source of those problems because I assume there is a port
> mis-match in "switchmac", isn't it? : )

And let's go ahead and just get the wires table set up without worrying
about switchmac, since there are so few wires...

> mysql> select * from wires;
> +-------+-----+---------+----------+-------+-------+----------+-------+-----
> --+
> | cable | len | type    | node_id1 | card1 | port1 | node_id2 | card2 |
> port2 |
> +-------+-----+---------+----------+-------+-------+----------+-------+-----
> --+
> |  NULL |   0 | Node    | pc       |     1 |     1 | cisco2   |     1 |
> 9 |
> |  NULL |   0 | Node    | pc       |     0 |     1 | cisco2   |     1 |
> 1 |
> |  NULL |   0 | Control | pc       |     2 |     1 | cisco1   |     1 |
> 9 |
> |  NULL |   0 | Node    | pc2      |     1 |     1 | cisco2   |     1 |
> 5 |
> |  NULL |   0 | Node    | pc2      |     0 |     1 | cisco2   |     1 |
> 7 |
> |  NULL |   0 | Control | pc2      |     2 |     1 | cisco1   |     1 |
> 10 |
> |  NULL |   0 | Control | pc3      |     0 |     1 | cisco1   |     1 |
> 2 |
> |  NULL |   0 | Node    | pc3      |     2 |     1 | cisco2   |     1 |
> 19 |
> |  NULL |   0 | Node    | pc3      |     1 |     1 | cisco2   |     1 |
> 20 |
> --+

For now, let's just get the 'Node' wires right.

All should have 'card2' set to '1', as you do have. Set 'port2' to
whatever number the port is marked as having on the switch itself (eg.
the number that's printed on the faceplate of the switch).

--