[Testbed-admins] some queries regarding general communication between the emulab s/w and switches

Hello all,

I am trying to figure out
1) what are the messages that the emulab software communicates with switches and
2) what are the specific operations it does with switches or
3) what environment that emulab establishes in switches.

Basically, I was thinking these because I am trying to find out what are the vendor/model specific commands of emulab to handle switch or to what degree of generalization have been made in this? These information would be very helpful to those who may want to use some new vendor/model of switches and try to make their testbed to do some newer type of experiments.

If anyone can kindly share his/her ideas and thoughts in this regard, it would be great. Looking forward to have your kind response.

With regards
Mohammed ABul Monzur Azad