[Testbed-admins] database info reset by nfree command

HI guys,
As you know we had added 24 more machines to our Testbed which had no serial lines. SO i was forced to use the pxeboot-vga for them. We had 55 more machines that use serial lines and pxeboot-serial. To make both of them work , i played around with the database tables to make the following changes

1. Made pxeboot-serial as the default pxeboot and updated the values for all the machine that do not have serial ports in the database with pxeboot_path=/tftpboot/pxeboot-vga ; then ran makedhcpd_conf to update my dhcp server config. 2. Also built separate Frisbee and FREEBSD MFS images with support for only vga console for the new machines and the updated the database tables likewise

This made every thing work as i wanted them , but as soon as i try to free a node using the nfree command, it resets the pxeboot path value in the database for that node to NULL which ultimately hangs the node on pxeboot

Any solutions for this situation ??

--
cheers,

Hussam
(Hussamuddin Nasir)

Netlab Operations Team

Laboratory for Adv. Networking  Phone  : (859)218-0059
James F Hardymon Building       Fax    : (859)323-3740
301 Rose Street, Rm 202         E-mail : nasir@netlab.uky.edu
Lexington, KY 40506-0495        Web    : http://www.netlab.uky.edu

                        University of Kentucky