Re: [Testbed-admins] STuck

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:49:13AM -0500, Hussamuddin Nasir wrote:
> Tried that too just now, and its still being rejected by Ubuntu. That
> make me think if a ubuntu safeguard some where ??
>
> cheers,
>
> Hussam
> (Hussamuddin Nasir)

I believe in the Linux implementation of ipod you can actually see the
secret key if you do sysctl as root.  So try:

	"sudo sysctl -a | grep ipod"

and see if it prints anything for the key.  Then, you can compare that
with the value recorded in the DB for the node.

Like I say, this is a "one-time" key which is regenerated everytime
"tmcc ipodinfo" gets called.  So it is possible that the kernel and the DB
are out of synch.  This would happen if the node made the "ipodinfo"
call but then didn't record the returned key in the kernel; i.e., someone
did "tmcd ipodinfo" at the command line after rc.ipod ran at boot time.