Re: [Testbed-admins] emulab installation failure on boss

We have been trying to install boss and ops (fresh installation)
using emulab software 080901 on Freebsd 6.3. We have a common ops
and fs. We completed the steps for ops (emulab software install
until gmake ops-install). We first faced an error with no emulab-ops
group in boss. But we used pw and added emulab-ops as a group.

Hi there. Not intending to scold ... but a note to all, when a problem
pops up during installation, stop and ask for help! That makes it a
lot easier for us to tell you how to fix the problem such that the
installation script is happy and can keep on going.

In this case, I think the problem is the perl installation. I am going
to make some changes to the installation documentation this morning,
adding instructions on what to do.

In the meantime, hang on ...

Thanks
Lbs