[Testbed-admins] emulab installation failure on boss

Hello all,

We have been trying to install boss and ops (fresh installation) using emulab software 080901 on Freebsd 6.3. We have a common ops and fs. We completed the steps for ops (emulab software install until gmake ops-install). We first faced an error with no emulab-ops group in boss. But we used pw and added emulab-ops as a group.

But now we are stuck on boss at this command.

# /usr/local/bin/sudo –u elabman /usr/testbed/sbin/withadminprivs /usr/testbed/bin/batchexp –q –i –k –f –w –n –S 'System Experiment' –L 'System Experiment' –E 'Nodes in limbo during nfree – DO NOT DELETE' –p emulab-ops –e nfree-locked

Earlier the error was could not chdir into /proj/emulab-ops/exp because it could not create the exp directory. So we added write permission to the group. Then we got the following error which we have no clue about:

# could not chdir into /proj/emulab-ops/exp.
# Boss installation fails whens setting up experiments – "Could not chown nfree-locked to 10000/6000 in /proj/emulab-ops/exp – Operation not permitted"

Could someone please tell us how to solve this?

Thanks,
Vishakha

--

Vishakha Gupta
PhD Student in Computer Science

Contact: 1-412-849-3182
Email: vishakha@alumni.cmu.edu

begin:vcard
fn:Vishakha Gupta
n:Gupta;Vishakha
org:Georgia Institute of Technology;College of Computing
adr:Klaus Advanced Computing Building;;Room 3208;Atlanta;GA;30332;USA
email;internet:vishakha@gatech.edu
title:PhD Student
tel;cell:4128493182
x-mozilla-html:TRUE