[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[gits] Branch Help
- Subject: [gits] Branch Help
- From: gtw at flux.utah.edu (Gary Wong)
- Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 15:00:57 -0700
- In-reply-to: <4CE2B44D-4DE4-40B8-812E-B2AD9CC04C83@gmail.com>
- References: <F70BD659-2F93-4DFE-A26E-9980E58DFE60@cs.utah.edu> <736AB70E-FD84-486C-822D-8B503D8AEAE9@gmail.com> <D73DC791-0869-49EC-8C62-2BC4C6E3CF25@gmail.com> <50DA84BA-47EB-4586-B42B-D9F6D1B063BA@cs.utah.edu> <64A0B513-A660-4320-898F-C1C6766DD34A@gmail.com> <9FD17562-7561-4BCA-8875-BC1BC45CF50A@cs.utah.edu> <281B0F6D-4ACD-40EC-881C-1CBE6180CA1E@cs.utah.edu> <C3C8ABE0-58E2-487F-9299-E0B8019A76FC@gmail.com> <7ACB05F8-AC02-49C9-8FFE-D9544C8E1821@cs.utah.edu> <4CE2B44D-4DE4-40B8-812E-B2AD9CC04C83@gmail.com>
On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 01:32:43PM -0800, Leigh Stoller wrote:
> > FYI, I?m working on preparing for class, I?ve handed this over to
> > Gary. He will push some new branch to emulab-devel that has just the
> > commits that are supposed to be on the aptui branch
OK, I've made a first stab at this (just in my public repo for now).
Anybody who is curious, have a look at branch "temp-aptui" from this
The HEAD is in almost exactly the same state as aptui from emulab-devel,
(except for the permissions on protogeni/scripts/quickvm.in -- can be
changed later if anybody cares). You can do a "git diff aptui temp-aptui"
to verify that nothing has been lost.
Also, the new "temp-aptui" branch has a clean history, as a descendent
from emulab-devel master commit 67569c2b (18th December... the last
time the old aptui branch was rebased onto emulab-devel master). In
other words, everything before that commit is straight out of mainline
master (containing no aptui work), and everything since that commit
is specific to aptui (independent of master).
If everybody is happy with the way it looks, it will be easy to publish
it somewhere final under a proper name, and it should also merge into
master without much difficulty.
Bye for now,
Gary Wong gtw at flux.utah.edu http://www.cs.utah.edu/~gtw/