[gits] Git Workflow

What I ended up doing:

Since I had two directories that I didn't want pushed up to the main
emulab-devel repository,
just wanding to keep the around for reference. Keeping the history of
those directories maybe
important since most of the files I did want pushed to emulab-devel
started in one or other of them.

I made a copy of the 'not to push' directories for reference, then:
git rm -r nodetest nodetest_MFS
git commit -m "remove old prof of concept directories"
git push
git fetch central
git rebase central/master
git push -f origin master
git push central master
git pull central master

I don't understand what the "git push -f origin master" is adding to the
process.

-- Dan

--
Dan Reading