[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[gits] Git question about local version diffs
- Subject: [gits] Git question about local version diffs
- From: dreading at flux.utah.edu (Dan Reading)
- Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:20:38 -0700
- In-reply-to: <CAHhYwBiorAs0UsoizaYzCKWZuXBgMctXJMctBHHpkR=sE3_y4A@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAJz08q_Q6OQUmn2cibWhNx6dm-uBb3Z1RGKLH+OWddr4jD9-JA@mail.gmail.com> <CAHhYwBiorAs0UsoizaYzCKWZuXBgMctXJMctBHHpkR=sE3_y4A@mail.gmail.com>
Thanks, git log to give me the commit hash is was what I needed.
On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Kirk Webb <kwebb0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can list the commit hashes with 'git log', then use them, or a
> relative reference to them (e.g. 'HEAD~2') to provide to 'git diff'
> like so:
> git diff <commit_hash> origin/master # assuming you are working on
> the master branch
> git diff HEAD~2 origin/master
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Dan Reading <dreading at flux.utah.edu> wrote:
>> How do I get a list of my local commits and display diffs.
>> For example if I do a 'get status' it says that I'm 4 commits ahead of
>> the master ( I have not done a 'git push' ).
>> I would like select two of the commits and see the diffs of the files.
FLUX System Administrator
dreading at flux.utah.edu