Re: [csmith-dev] The answer to some overdue requests

Interesting point. In the past we hypothesized whether linear random programs have the least bug finding power. I will consider it when implementing the limit.

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 6:04 PM Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com> wrote:
On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 at 17:32, John Regehr <regehr@cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> I think this sounds great!
>
> John
>

> On 3/31/19 5:50 PM, Xuejun Yang wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > It has been a while since any major changes to Csmith. I think it's time
> > to implement some of the long overdue requests that require some
> > architecture adaptions. The two on top of my head are:
> >
> > 1) generate random programs up to a certain size. The limit is likely to
> > be specified initially in terms of the number of the AST nodes.
> > Hopefully we could allow the limit to be LOC later.

It would be interesting to be able to request cyclomatic complexity or
other such measures. I say this not because it would be useful for
finding C compiler bugs itself - but might be interesting to validate
(or counter the usefulness) of such measures in the future.

--
Eitan Adler