Re: [csmith-dev] The answer to some overdue requests

I think this sounds great!

John

On 3/31/19 5:50 PM, Xuejun Yang wrote:
Hi All,

It has been a while since any major changes to Csmith. I think it's time to implement some of the long overdue requests that require some architecture adaptions. The two on top of my head are:

1) generate random programs up to a certain size. The limit is likely to be specified initially in terms of the number of the AST nodes. Hopefully we could allow the limit to be LOC later.

2) externalize the C grammar. We currently "encode" the grammar in the generator itself. We should externalize the grammar into an input file. This change will pave way for faster extension to C constructs not yet supported, as well as C++ constructs.

To sustain such major changes, the code base needs to be cleaned up first. I will do that in the near future.

@John Regehr <mailto:regehr@cs.utah.edu> @Eric Eide <mailto:eeide@cs.utah.edu> @yang chen <mailto:chenyang78@gmail.com>  and others, please let me know your thoughts. Feel free to add something to the list.

-Xuejun