Re: [csmith-dev] Script for checking the compiler output at various optimization levels

sameeran joshi <gsocsameeran@gmail.com> writes:

> Can anyone suggest me tweaking the script file which is attached below
> for checking if running the binary file the program goes in an
> infinite loop and again continuing the script if it goes in an
> infinite loop.

This is what I would do:

Write another script that runs a given program under a timeout.  If the timeout
occurs, the script kills the program and prints something like "timeout."

In your first script, run the test program by using the second script.

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX