Re: [csmith-dev] Trouble installing csmith

Faraz Hussain <fh.faraz.hussain@gmail.com> writes:

> I downloaded csmith-2.2.0.tar.gz from github. On running driver0.sh, I get the
> following message:
>
> test.c:10:10: fatal error: 'csmith.h' file not found
> #include "csmith.h"
> ^
> 1 error generated.
>
> csmith.h is located in my runtime/ directory. The csmith executable is located
> in src/, so I made sure that's in my PATH. Also, my CSMITH_HOME points to
> csmith-csmith-2.2.0/ (as described here:
> https://embed.cs.utah.edu/csmith/using.html).
>
> (I noticed that my driver0.sh uses CSMITH_PATH. That seems to be a legacy
> variable that has now been refactored to CSMITH_HOME (in the github
> development version). So I made sure to change that to CSMITH_HOME.)
>
> What am I doing wrong here?

I'm not sure, but it sounds like you've just got the environment variable wrong
somehow.  If you run the command below, does it give you a sensible answer?

  ls -l $CSMITH_HOME/csmith.h

Aside, you might want to use the git-development head of Csmith, rather than
the 2.2.0 release.  It has been a while since we've made an official release of
Csmith --- 2.2.0 was released in Dec 2014!

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX