Re: [csmith-dev] assignments from incompatible pointer types

Never mind. I got some examples. I think it's expected to see those assignments through incompatible pointer types. As you may recall, I didn't address the UB issues related to float. At the moment, with --float, Csmith produces code if the code can be compiled by the compiler.

Let me try to add an option that prevents generating such assignments. It might be tricky.

- Yang

On 2015-07-29 15:54, Yang Chen wrote:
Hi Jacek,

On 2015-07-29 14:14, Burys, Jacek wrote:

A problem that I've recently came across is that CSmith allows
generation of assignments from incompatible pointers between float and
other types. In my case this breaks the intervals when, for example, a
pointer to int gets an address of a float interval (then modifying the
value using that int pointer changes only the lower bound of interval
struct).

Can you post some sample with the code pattern that you described?
It'd be great if you could also paste the seed and the cmdline options
for generating the code. I will take a look. Thanks.

- Yang