Re: [csmith-dev] Some questions about csmith

Hi,

On 08/22/2014 08:10 PM, 刘东岳 wrote:

Hi,
I've downloaded csmith2.1.0. I have some questions as below. would you plz explain them for me? 1st, the two options --dfs-exhaustive and --max-exhaustive-depth can be used to do what?

These two options were used by us for some experiments that explored exhaustive test-case generation. We are planning to remove them.

2nd, restrict keyword could not be generated by version2.1.0. I wonder if there's a plan to support this function in the future? I also wonder if FactPointTo could prevent abusing restrict pointers?

As far as I know, we don't have this plan at the moment.

What's the difference between FactPointTo and point-to analysis in compiler, such as gcc?

I am leaving this question to Xuejun.

3rd, what is splat/klee/crest/coverage-test extension? Does version2.1.0 support them well enough?

These extensions were added to test tools such as splat and crest. Unfortunately, we never actually used those extensions. They will be removed eventually.

4th, how to understand top/bottom methods in class fact?

Xuejun is the best person to answer this.

- Yang