Re: [creduce-dev] parallel tuning

John Regehr <regehr@cs.utah.edu> writes:

> - parallelism 2 on a dual core
> - 3 on a 4-core
> - 4 on a >4 core
> How does this match with your experience?

I haven't really experimented with this.

I do think, though, that limiting parallelism to 4 is probably not a good
idea.

I used to run C-Reduce on Emulab's d820's, which have 32 physical cores and
128GB RAM.  With 32 tests in parallel, C-Reduce was plenty snappy.  I can't
imagine it would run as fast with only 4 tests in parallel, but I admit I did
not test this.

(Of course, I *could* test this, for some given set of reductions, but not
today.  Today I need to focus on something else.)

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX