senior dog in need

Hi All,

It is with a very heavy heart that I call upon you to put on your thinking
caps and see if you can come up with ideas on a home that could take on a
12 year old alpha female golden that has some medical problems, main
medical problem is her inability to hold her urine over night for more than
about 4 to 6 hours and is not crate trained.  The situation is such:  Barb
Padohra is not well, and will be needing to place all three of her dogs
shortly is not only my conclusion but the consensus of her family who as
well are unable health wise to take on any of the dogs.  The two younger
males Ben who is from us and Josh who's breeder is not capable of helping
out are probably taken care of as far as homes.  But Binkley who is
basically healthy just old and tired needs to find a warm place to hang for
her remaining time.  She is a very alpha dog, she can get along in a small
pack of dogs, 2 to 3 but not in our home where there are sixteen, we tried
last winter to work with Binkley here but to no avail. Binkley would not
accept my older dogs let alone my youngsters. She is currently safe but the
home she is in has expressed the need to find other arrangements ASAP.

  Barb has given us permission to place Binkley (she has not for the two
boys just yet).  But if I can find a home for Binkley, I think I can also
convince Barb that she needs to let the boys go too and I am working on
that.  Ben is now here with us and is fine where he is no rush on him,
though I do have a family waiting to meet him.  Josh is with Kristy who
would like to adopt him, Binkley is with Kristy too but she is at wits end
and is stressed.  Binkley needs to move on.  She has been vet examined just
recently and the report there is that she is fine just getting old.

Barb is currently in a convalescent hospital  and when she is going to be
released is anyones guess at this point.  But when she is released she is
probably not going to be able to go home.  She will need to go to her
mothers house to be cared for.  Her mother is well into her 80's and her
health is not good either.  There are no ideal situations here and less
than easy to even think about, but if anyone has any ideas please let me
hear from you.

Best,

Gina