Re: Milka crates and etc... (sleeping) PEGGY! :-)

> From: Gina Heitz <brier@oregonsbest.com>
> Subject: Re: Milka crates and etc... (sleeping) PEGGY! :-)
> Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:09:09 -0800
>
>   What ever the dog is use to is what they will expect, but to be able to
> be adaptable is the real key to me.

We can certainly second this. Miss Maple has been crate trained, and since
about 6 months old, she voluntarily takes most of her daytime naps in the
crate, as well as sleeping in it most nights. We just leave it open, and
she heads in when she is bored or tired.

The major upside to this is that we can lock her in the crate when
necessary (rare, but it happens), and she just flops down and goes to
sleep; no whining. In fact, all you have to do is say "Maple, crate!" and
she will head right in.

"Prison" works too, but Renee says that Maple's feelings are hurt when I
say that ... Still, its a great party trick. :-)

Lbs