Re: Milka crates and etc... (sleeping)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gina Heitz" <brier@oregonsbest.com>
To: <brierpups@fast.cs.utah.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 7:43 AM
Subject: Milka crates and etc... (sleeping)

>  >> I know I made fun of the bed thing but do you think Milka needs to
still
> sleep in a closed crate?

I was wondering the same thing.  But I know Katie won't stay on the bed -
independent this one is -.  She eagerly goes in her crate because she knows
there's a treat.  But now when she hears me shut the door she swings around
and presses her face up to it and looks really sad.  No crying or
complaining though.  So my question is how do you know when they're ready to
not be in there?  No poddy accidents for quite a while, but she's never left
"free" for 8 hours without me around (and awake).  Also no bad chewing, but
she's got toys every 5 feet.  Gina is the 8 months to a year a developmental
time reason?

 > Peggy lived with a dog who had IBD (Inflammatory Bowel)  and she as well
> may have some recipes to share?

Those were the main ones, but when Murphy was only on an IBD diet, I also
would give her cooked oatmeal with cooked ground turkey.
Gina has needed to remind me several times that some bouts of diarrhea do
not mean IBD....  So with Katie I've done the cottage cheese, rice, and
yogurt - and it's worked quite well.

Katie got to play in snow today!  We had this totally unexpected unpredicted
snow last night with 4 inches on the ground this morning.  Of course being
Olympia, it's almost gone now, but Katie loved it!!  Ran in circles, played
snow toss with her nose and of course ate it.

BTW Gina - I've waited till close to fifty to be openly dog eccentric,
because whenever I was like that in my thirties people would tell me it was
a "misplaced desire for a child and I should have a baby"  :-)

Long post - hope I don't bore you all, but I miss the interactions on this
list....
Peggy